September 9, 2009

Tennis Anyone?

Last Sunday a friend called me to ask if I would play tennis with a foreign exchange student he’s hosting. His name is Antonio, he’s from Seville, Spain, he’s sixteen years old, and he beat me like a drum. If he participated in the USTA juniors circuit I’m guessing he’d be ranked very high. Antonio plays with fierce topspin on both wings making the ball leap coming off the ground. It’s been awhile since I’ve hit around with someone that good. It was exhilarating and exhausting at the same time. The next day the tendonitis in my right hand was so bad I thought I may have stress fractured my wrist.

Tonight USA’s seventeen-year-old Melanie Oudin plays her quarter-final match against Caroline Wozniacki, who pulled a few upsets herself to get to tonight’s match. I’ll be pulling for Oudin who just turned pro last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment