June 19, 2010

Ischemia in HD

My cardiologist called wife a couple of weeks ago and said my part two stress test results showed no surprises and the scan of my heart showed what he expected to see, namely ischemia (god bless you) around my circumflex coronary artery which was blocked about five years ago.

The part two stress test involves eating something fatty (they recommended a big sloppy burger) and the heart scan would take better pictures. I ate a double decker Baconator from Wendy's. Ben said a baconator might produce images in near high definition quality.

I had a couple of stents placed in my circumflex about six years ago and one year later the artery blocked again. They can't re-stent what's been stented before so now I take a hand full of pills every morning. I can't say I don't have the occasional angina pain but I feel lucky that the circumflex is a relatively small artery.

A good joke to tell a cardiologist:

A man and woman were getting to know each other at a bar and soon turned flirtatious. The man suggested they go to his place and they leave. Things got hot and heavy and the woman says,
"Hold on, I think I should tell you something. I have acute angina."
The man replies,
"That's great, your boobs look pretty good too."

Well, at least my cardiologist thought it was funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment