July 15, 2010

I Married A Sheet Nazi

My wife becomes a completely different personality when making up a bed. On those occasions when I'm around to help her do this chore, I've become accustomed to the military precision she follows. She expects nothing less than complete synchronization of me when I help. It's like a spell comes over her.

When we first married and I helped the first time, I suspected she was abused as a child when making up the bed which caused her to develop a dual personality to deal with the trauma.

I really have to be on my toes when we're putting clean sheets on the bed. It reminds me somehow of the flying Wallendas. We're on either side of the bed and when she tugs on her end, I must tug on my end at THE EXACT same moment. HUT! The corners must be military folded and sheet and or blanket must be the EXACT same length on either side of the bed. HUT!

One of these days I'll be able to help without a net.

2 comments:

  1. I had aunties like that - I found it comforting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most times I leave the bed unmade. I like the romantic comfortableness of it.

    ReplyDelete