December 31, 2008

Pat Metheny

I'm a big Pat Metheny fan and I never tire of his music. I came across this video of a concert from 1979 when he was a member of Joni Mitchell's band, along with Jaco Pastorius (bass), Michael Brecker (sax), and Lyle Mays (keyboards), an incredible band that performed together on Joni Mitchell's "Shadows and Light" album. This is Pat Metheny's guitar solo from that concert.



This is Pat Metheny much later in his career performing "Last Train Home", one of my favorite Metheny songs. The instrument he's playing is called a choral sitar, a cross between the Indian sitar and guitar.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!

    You killed me with your "KY" comment - that's classic! *snort*

    Happy New Year!

    XO

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey BB, glad you like the work...I am ruining my eyes with it but it is addivtive, I just love it. :) I do use Photoshop...which it seems you too have...Loving the new banner!!...glowing edges rock!
    xxsm

    ReplyDelete