May 31, 2008

Clouds, Contrails, Chemtrails, and Cicadas

I'm laying out by the baby pool, reading my book, and begin to feel drowsy. Putting the book down, I close my eyes and hear the couple with their two kids, and the seventeen year cicadas thrumming in the backround. The man dominates the conversation with his wife but listening further I realize that they aren't married by the way they talk to each other. 'She spends fifteen hundred dollars and that's not including tickets but she has her reasons for doing that for the other perks she gets with her athletic supporters, ANDREW I told you once to stop and the next time you're going to time out, do you hear me? anyway she gets all these football and basketballs tickets that she gives away doing business and people remember her when buying real estate I don't see how she comes out ahead she spends money like it's water zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz BARRY! you're snoring...cut it out! I open my eyes and look at the clouds and the contrails.

Charlene once asked me if I ever heard of "chemtrails". There is this person Charlene works with who believes that the U.S. government has been conducting experiments with citizens spreading chemicals across the skies with jets. I came to find out that alot of people actually believe this story. The chemtrails are supposed to cause everything from cancer to mind control, I'm not kidding, I looked it up on Wikipedia. . Some people apparently believe anything they're told.

Later this day I borrow my neighbor's lawn mower to get it over with so I won't have to mow tomorrow after church. My mower has been in the shop for over two weeks now. When I get it back I fully expect it to go from zero to sixty in six seconds flat. After I mow the lawn I go ahead and mow Bill's too as this is the third time I've used his mower. From the looks of his lawn he hasn't mowed in three weeks and in his back yard I felt the need to put on a pith helmet. While I mowed I could still hear the cicadas over the sound of the mower. I read in the paper this morning it's the XIIV brood of cicadas. They come around every seventeen years. Sounds almost biblical. They're ugly little critters. The paper said there are some people that EAT the things and say they taste like shrimp. Yummy, these must be the same people who believe in chemtrails. Hey, maybe the chemtrails are causing people to eat cicadas.

No comments:

Post a Comment