July 1, 2008

Summertime Things

Cuatro de Julio is almost here and July is my favorite month. My fifty-second fourth of July, my twentieth year of marriage, my fifty-third birthday. And what do all these numbers mean? I'm not gonna tell because I prefer not to think about those numbers. So let's think about the immediate future and how I'm gonna whip Jim Baughman on the tennis court this Friday. Friends and family will be making the fourth of July journey to Jim and Katy Baughman's farm in Stanford, KY which has evolved into tradition. It's a conflaguration of food, swimming, tennis, and talk.



Speaking of tradition today is the women's quarterfinals at Wimbledon. Serena and Venus Williams are still in the running and they could end up playing each other in the women's final. Federer and Nadal look like they're going to end up in the final which will be interesting. In 1980 Bjorn Borg won his fifth Wimbledon title in a row. Federer tied Borg's Wimbledon record with his win against Nadal last year. Can Federer make it six in a row and break Borg's record? Assuming he'll make it to the final, tune in Sunday to find out. Borg has stated that he thinks Nadal can beat Federer on grass and win Wimbledon this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment