June 3, 2009

Strap That Tool Belt On!

I put my swim trunks on yesterday evening. The leak at the main irrigation shut off had been repaired. It was time to adjust the sprinkler heads and get soaking wet while doing it. It makes me feel like a little kid again.



Our irrigation system is my toy I installed myself fifteen or so years ago and get to open every spring. We have many gardens around our house. Wife is Martha Stewart of the garden and I’m the brute force.

Before irrigation we would spends hours dragging the hose around, watering the impatiens, hydrangeas, peonies, Boston ferns, ghost ferns, Japanese painted ferns, rhodendrons, azaleas….etc. It’s heaven to water the gardens while sleeping.

I love big home projects….Over the years I’ve built.
1. Roughly 30’ x 20’ deck.
2. A winding rock path through our side shade garden.
3. Custom garden shed. (With help from my friends.)
4. A Pergola.
5. Terrace foundation. (A pro poured, dyed, and stamped the concrete.)
6. Privacy fence.
7. An addition to the front of our house with considerable help from two friends. Couldn’t have done it without them. (I’m handy, but not that handy.)

Near future projects.

1. A lattice privacy blind to hide ourselves from that mean, nasty, nosey, and Nazi neighbor woman.
2. An attached carport over the driveway. Wife is sick (and tired) of scraping ice off the windshield.

A dream project is warm water lines under the driveway so I’d never have to shovel snow off that long ass thing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment