June 24, 2009

Tempest Tost

Yesterday morning forty-three people were let go from our Louisville office. We had a meeting in our Frankfort office today in which our CEO discussed the lay-offs of the Louisville personnel, the lay-offs coming to our Frankfort office this fall sometime, and the murky, fluid, future waters of KHEAA/KHESLC.


The photos and names of the people who lost their jobs were posted yesterday afternoon on our internal web site. As I used to work a lot at our Louisville office, I knew most of the people who were let go. It was very sad to see those faces. Come this fall I might join those unfortunate ranks unless I’m able to find a position with another company.

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"


Emma Lazarus

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJune 24, 2009

    so sorry to hear that... hope you find a position elsewhere before you have to worry too much about it.
    hang in there! -Tracie

    ReplyDelete